Friday, 16 October 2009

Starting to feel like papparazzi

Starting to feel like Papparazzi, have also discovered the older generation does not like their picture taken either.

First night with Baldessari dinner given by Monica Spruth and Philemena Magers - incredibly glamorous but who would have thought John was so camera shy!

Then even worse at Larry's wonderful Ed Rucha dinner, Stefan tried to help me out but all he got was a bun on his forehead thrown by Lucien Freud.

I had the pleasure of meeting the charismatic Aaron Young I was incredibly flattered he told me he was MY fan!










Dropped by the next day to check out Boo Ritsons new show she is creating some amazing tryptich she is so excited about it.







Then it was Walead Beshty's opening, Thomas was very happy with himself - caught him and Peter in a gang bang corner at Ivors.








Lovely picture of Thomas and Caragh Thuring.











Then Oct 13th. Breakfast at 176 followed by lunch at home.

Isaac Julien and David Blandy, Norman Rosenthal his friend Alex Gartenfeld dropped by.




















At home the Rubell family dropped in for lunch. My mentors Myra and Don in a loving embrace in the sunshine.









Karen Russo, Mustafa Hulusi and Doug Fishbourne posing for me.









Finally I managed to persuade Lizzie, Rob Diament and Ellen to pose for me all wearing the latest matching hairstyles!









Weds 15th Oct Frieze Art Fair, it starts with a warm welcome from Deutche Bank and Thomas Struth telling us about his secret future work.

Then the next three hours Lizzie and I are in a whirlwind of people and impossible to see the art.













I bump into the two Alexs.














Dave and Paul from Seventeen gallery fashionably attired in horn-rimmed glasses.









Then finally my head turns and I see an array of incredible talent, two smelly socks going for 20 000Euros by Buchel at Hauser and Wirth and a flying squirrel.















However we managed to find some lovely new works for the collection. Kelley Walker, Seth Price, Jack Strange and Ryan Gander so I was happy.

I bumped into the debonair and handsome Francois Chantala who very kindly stood next to his Walead Beshty foto of himself where a collector in Boston will place it in his home, hopefully not the bathroom.














At the end of the day I was so happy to see Javier Peres dressed in our Special Editioned Dan Attoe T Shirt.
p.s Dan is one of my favourite artists in the collection he is a seriously great Dude.














Just a quick mention this is Mike and Sue they have a blog site, John who I sat next to in the aeroplane last week introduced me to them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment